As the greek against antisemitism reported yesterday, a right-wing and conspiracy theory blog Anemos Anatropis published a screenshot of a Facebook post (November the 14th) by Panos Leliatsos, former member of the right-wing, part of the Government coalition Independent Greeks party, regarding the Paris terrorist attacks last week. In it, Leliatsos suggests that 9.000 French Jews decided to move to Israel three months ago following the call of the Chief Rabbi of Jerusalem. By asking “does it mean something to you????” Leliatsos suggests that the French Jews were forewarned of the terror attacks in Paris and thus moved to Israel. Nevertheless, Leliatsos links an article related to the French Aliya towards Israel, which contradicts his claims, since it reports that many French Jews decided to leave their country after the Hyper Cacher terror attack in January 2014. Panos Leliatsos is not the only one who was accused for spreading conspiracy theories and antisemitic rhetoric in Greece. SYRIZA (coalition of the radical left) and Independent Greeks – among other political parties – make antisemitic statements in a regular basis. You can read a report by the blog against antisemitism here, which actually has collected important articles during the unveiling of Kavala Holocaust memorial and the protests against it by local members of the Church and the conservative New Democracy party.
- Robert Kurz: “Υστερικός Λαϊκισμός – η σύγχυση της αστικής κοινής γνώμης και το κυνήγι αποδιοπομπαίων τράγων”
- Prosecutor files against hate-preacher ‘Father Kleomenis’ for vandalizing Holocaust Memorial in Larissa
- «Βιβλιοαναγνώσεις #12» Theodor W. Adorno “Τρεις Μελέτες για τον Χέγκελ”
- «Χρονικά Αντισημιτισμού #12» Επίθεση στο μνημείο του Ολοκαυτώματος στη Λάρισα
- «Βιβλιοαναγνώσεις #11» Ένα επίκαιρο κόμικ για την Άννα Φρανκ…