According the personal blog of Gregory Papas a new homophobic statement took place in Greece last days.
A Greek Orthodox Metropolitan of the Church of Greece is under fire for comments he posted publicly on his blog, lashing out against gays and atheists. In an angry rant he encouraged his readers and followers to “spit on them” and “blacken them” with violence, stating that they are not humans.
His vitriolic blog post (in Greek) followed legislation set forth by the ruling government to extend domestic partnership status to same-sex couples, granting them similar rights to those who are married.
Justice Ministry’s general secretary for human rights, Costas Papaioannou said “The state recognizes that there are other forms of family life than that which we know as marriage,” to Kathimerini’s English language edition, adding that the European Court of Justice shares this stance. Adding that that laws should adapt to the existing state of affairs, noting that the fact there are children being raised by gay couples is “a very significant social fact.” The revised bill aims to give gay couples in Greece the same tax status and inheritance rights enjoyed by heterosexual married couples.
- Theodor W Adorno “για την διαλεκτική”
- Theodor Adorno & Max Horkeimer: προς ένα νέο μανιφέστο;
- T.W Adorno: Ύστερος καπιταλισμός ή βιομηχανική κοινωνία; (απόσπασμα του 1968)
- Anti-Semitic signs at Switzerland hotel
- Πλήθος αντισημιτικών σχολίων με αφορμή δημοσίευμα για περιστατικό αντισημιτισμού στην Ελβετία