The Central Board of Jewish Communities in Greece expresses the dismay of the entire Greek Jewry and strongly condemns the vandal attack that once more occurred against the Jewish cemetery of Trikala.
More specifically, followers of racism and antisemitism vandalized and destroyed eight tombs and tombstones -among which the two graves of the parents of the President of the Jewish Community of Trikala.
Following the lawsuit against persons unknown, pressed by the Jewish Community of Trikala, the Central Board of Jewish Communities in Greece calls upon law enforcement authorities to take all necessary measures for the arrest of the perpetrators and the protection of the city’s Jewish cemetery, which -apart from its sacred nature- reflects the historic course of the Jewish presence in Trikala.
We believe that the municipal authorities together with the society of Trikala will not allow the followers of hatred to harm the harmonious coexistence of all the citizens of Trikala, regardless of skin color, race or religion.
Athens, October 12, 2018
Central Board of Jewish Communities in Greece
- WJC condemns desecration of Greece cemetery as ‘inexcusable and direct attack against the Jewish community’ (Fri, 12 Oct 2018)
- note #109 “μόνον εκείνος περιποιεί τιμήν στον Hegel… “
- note #108 “Όσοι ενεργούν χωρίς ερωτήσεις.”
- Σύντροφε και εραστή: Οι επιστολές της Ρόζα Λούξεμπουργκ στον Leo Jogiches [αποσπάσματα]
- Αποσπάσματα: Τέοντορ Αντόρνο, η εκπαίδευση μετά το Άουσβιτς
- Vanguard of the Revolution- The Real Story of the Black Panther Party