Massive riots by a racist mob in Menidi area (North West Athens) were reported yesterday, Monday June 12th by Greek mass media. A racist anti-Roma pogrom is actually happening in Athens for the third consecutive day.
The Mayor of Aharnon district, Giannis Kassavou was among the participants of yesterday’s manifestation, in the wake of the death of the 10 year old A pupil from a stray bullets a few days ago. The manifestation started a while after 7pm in the Afternoon with thousands of participants.
Around 10.30 in the evening, a mob passed the train lines of suburban railway and approached the point where Roma houses are located. The police seem to have repelled them.
You can watch a video
On Sunday June 11th, the racist anti-Roma mob attacked and set on fire a house where a Roma family lives in Menidi district. The pictures bellow are taken from the mass Greek media
- Herbert Marcuze “Το τέλος της ουτοπίας”
- Friedrich Engels “Για την τεχνητή διάρρηξη οικονομίας και πολιτικής”
- «Χρονικά Αντισημιτισμού #09» Ο αντισημιτισμός και η συγκέντρωση των “παραιτηθείτε” στο Σύνταγμα
- Walter Benjamin “Θέσεις για τη φιλοσοφία της ιστορίας”
- Μια ανάληψη ευθύνης για το πογκρόμ στο Μενίδι